{photo} editing & Christmas Cards

This past weekend my hubby & I had such a great time at our friend Martha & Joemax's baby shower!  Blessed with a sweet, handsome & charming little boy, they're due with a little girl!  I'm over the moon excited for Martha!  Nothing is sweeter than a little baby girl!  


We had such a great time catching up with friends and dancing the night away!  Thanks guys for such a great time!  While at the party one of my girlfriends asked me if I could edit a photo for her, one she got on a photo shoot with a "professional."  I was immediately up for the challenge and since I had never really gotten to look at a professional's SOOC shots, I was excited to get to seen what shots a "professional" would get. 


Ok.  So, I got the photos.   Thank goodness this family is the most {adorable} family E-V-E-R and I don't think you could make them look bad if we put them in matching hotdog-on-a-stick uniforms!  Let's just say, the pictures I got made me feel like I'm done taking classes and my photography skills are way above par if this is what I have to compare them to.   Anyway, I wanted to share with you the before and after and what I did with the photo to get there.  




So...this is the {BEFORE}



The first thing I did was open the original file in LightRoom3.  Then I cropped in just a bit to take out some of the blacktop in front of their toes.  Next I took the head of the little girl and swapped it with another picture.  (The Mommy though her eyes were just a tad bit more open)  Then I ran a LightRoom preset from Willette called Kelly's Preset D3 {love, love her presets by the way}.  Next I whitened their teeth, smoothed skin tone, brightened their eyes...all in Lightroom3.  I'm so hooked on my new program.  If you don't have it, you can download it for a {free} 30 day trial here.  {Kelly's presets are a freebie too ~ joy!}  








Here's the final photo:  





Here's a sample of the Christmas Card I thought they would love:


Am I the only one who hasn't even begun to think of Christmas/Holiday Cards yet?  How about you?



3 comments:

Paula said...

I love what you did with their photo! I want to take great photos of my family, and have great editing software, but first I need a camera that works!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card!!

Anonymous said...

In the edited photo, you've lost a lot of the detail in their faces. I love the original photo!

Post a Comment